Sunday, September 4, 2011

Preparations

I got my welcome e-mail from the Visiting Students Office a couple days ago.
"Only a couple weeks to go and soon you will be in sunny (ha!) Edinburgh to begin your studies as a visiting or exchange student!"
After a blistering hot day in DC, the cold, rainy climate will most likely be a shock. 


As I get ready to spent four months abroad, the panic starts to set in about what to bring. Because of the exchange rate, it makes a lot more sense to bring clothing than to buy it in Scotland. But that adds the challenge of predicting what clothing will need, which is turning out to be especially difficult for outerwear. I have yet to find a winter coat, but I did find an amazing trench coat! What girl goes to the UK without a proper trench coat? The most difficult decision I have found yet is which scarves to bring. 


I am leaving in five days and I will probably spend the rest of my time packing, saying goodbye to friends, watching Buffy, and reading about the University of Edinburgh. There is a lot of material to go over in the next week, including information on Fresher's Week, different societies, my classes, and what to do upon arrival. 


The highlight of Fresher's Week will, obviously, be an appearance by S Club on the final night. If anyone has yet to hear their musical stylings, please enjoy:



No comments:

Post a Comment